Internship UI Design (Amsterdam)
Our new SMAL Amsterdam office is looking for a UI Design intern to join our team.
We are a full-service design agency spread across offices in Munich, San Francisco and Amsterdam.
Our core capabilities are product and interaction design, as well as design research, visualization, animation, packaging services and development with partners such as BMW, Philips, Vodafone, Elgato Gaming, Bowers & Wilkins, Corsair, Eve Home, ING, Ferrari, Huawei and many more.
SMAL interns work closely with our designers to collaboratively generate solutions. If you can imagine doing your best work in a fun-filled, team environment then this position may be right for you.
Are you …
- A curious individual ready to make an exciting adventure out of your daily challenges?
- A coffee lover? (or tea, we don’t discriminate)
- A great storyteller?
- A positive spirit?
- An original always looking out for new trends?
But before that, you need to HAVE ...
- Great written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills in English (Dutch is a
- Great sketching and brainstorming techniques
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe Suite and programs like Sketch & Invision
- Advanced knowledge in animation and visualization
- A hint of coding knowledge is always a plus!
What’s in it for you?
- Friday’s off! Yes, you heard us right.
- No grunt work…you will not be getting anyone coffee or doing data entry. You will get to design real solutions and obtain real-world experience as a UI/UX Designer.
- Portfolio-worthy work.
- A cool new office in the heart of Amsterdam.
- A sweet salary of 900 euros/month.
- A really creative and young team filled to the brim with coffee and ready to take on each day one bike ride at a time.
To apply for this position, you’ll need ...
- A current resume.
- To be enrolled as a student or working as an apprentice.
- A few sentences which tells us a bit more about you, your background, how long would you like your internship to be and your dream project!
- A portfolio, work process samples or link to your portfolio site.
- A sense of humor as we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- To be available for a minimum of 3 months (preferably 5-6 months).