Internship User Interface Design
SMAL is looking for a User Interface Intern to join our Team. We are a full-service design agency and help brands understand their customers so they can connect with them through their product offerings, and ultimately create a beautiful experience. Our core capabilities are product and interaction design, as well as design research, visualization, animation, packaging services and development. Our multidisciplinary team holds experience that spans over decades and with that, has been involved in some of the most groundbreaking projects across multiple industries around the world.
As our User Interface Design Intern, you’ll gain hands-on experience in design research, wire framing, prototyping and visual design. SMAL interns work closely with our designers and developers to collaboratively generate solutions. If you can imagine doing your best work in a fun-filled, team-work environment then this position may be right for you.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATES WILL EXHIBIT:
- Great written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills (preferably English and German).
- The visual skills and software capability to design all communication and visual elements on a variety of digital projects.
- Appreciation for the potential of ‘design thinking’ and ability to engage upstream from the traditional role of the designer.
- Basic knowledge with prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision) and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Interest in collaborating closely with our development team, basic programming skills are a plus.
- The curiosity to tinker.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, YOU’LL NEED:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that discusses your goals for your proposed internship which must last at least five months to six months.
- A portfolio, work process samples or link to your portfolio site.
- To be enrolled as a student
SMAL is an inspiring, buoyant place to work and a dynamic company located in three countries. Our clients are innovative, forward-thinking brands and our projects range from tactical product design to in-depth strategy. More than 40 smart, talented and creative people work in our SMAL offices, and by truly collaborating we are able to produce our best work. We believe in the power of the team, a team where small details matter most.