Our SMAL Munich office is looking for a Photography Intern to join our Visual Creation Team. We are a full-service design agency spread across offices in Munich, Amsterdam and San Francisco. Our core capabilities are product and interaction design, as well as design research, visualization, animation, packaging services and development.
As our Photography Intern, you’ll create innovative and conceptual ideas alongside talented team members. You will participate in ideation sessions with different members of the creative teams. You will work on client and internal portfolio projects, social media development, and photo/video shoots; collaborate with illustrators, photographers, designers, and videographers. You will have the opportunity to show your problem-solving skills and creative thinking skills for a range of advertising mediums.
ARE YOU …
- A curious individual ready to make an exciting adventure out of your daily challenges?
- A coffee lover? (or tea, we don't discriminate)
- A passionate storyteller?
- A positive spirit?
- An original always looking out for eye-catching visuals?
BUT BEFORE THAT, YOU NEED TO HAVE ...
- Great written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills in English.
- Ability to translate written briefings into visual concepts.
- Basic experience in telling visual stories and the ability to produce them with refined visual assets on a variety of projects.
- A good eye for detail, composition, and editing.
- Basic skills using Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom (further programs are a plus).
- Basic knowledge with DSLR cameras, lighting and video equipment.
- Experience in shooting (preferably both natural and studio lighting).
- The curiosity to tinker and good attention to detail.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Friday’s off! Yes, you heard us right.
- No grunt work... you will not be getting anyone coffee or doing data entry. You will get to design real solutions and obtain real-world experience as a Photographer.
- Portfolio-worthy work.
- A really creative team filled with inspiration and experience.
- The opportunity to conclude your internship with a full-time position as we are always growing and happy to expand our team with talented people.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, YOU’LL NEED ...
- A current resume.
- To be enrolled as a student in the field of photography, fine arts, or a related discipline.
- A few sentences which tell us a bit more about you, your background, and your dream project!
- A portfolio, work process samples or link to your portfolio site.
- A sense of humor as we don't take ourselves too seriously.
- To be available for a minimum of 3 months (preferably 5-6 months).
We are an office full of coffee, talent, a dog, and most importantly: awesome people! By truly collaborating, we are able to produce our best work. We believe in the power of the team — a team where small details matter most.