Internship Industrial Design
SMAL is looking for an Industrial Design Intern to support our Munich Team. We are a full-service design agency and help brands understand their customers so they can connect with them through their product offerings, and ultimately create a beautiful experience. Our core capabilities are product and interaction design, as well as design research, visualization, animation, packaging services and development. Our multidisciplinary team holds experience that spans over decades and with that, has been involved in some of the most groundbreaking projects across multiple industries around the world.
As our Industrial Design Intern, you’ll gain hands-on experience in design research, product design, prototyping, visual design and design specification. SMAL interns work closely with our designers to collaboratively generate solutions. If you can imagine doing your best work in a fun-filled, team-work environment then this position may be right for you.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATES WILL EXHIBIT:
- Great written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills (preferably English and German).
- The hand sketching and software capability to design all product related elements on a variety of projects.
- Basic knowledge in working with Rhino and Keyshot.
- High interest in prototyping and 3D modeling.
- Appreciation for the potential of 'design thinking' and ability to engage upstream from the traditional role of the designer.
- The curiosity to tinker.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, YOU’LL NEED:
- A current resume.
- To be enrolled as a student or working as an apprentice (internship needs to be mandatory).
- A cover letter that discusses your goals for your proposed internship which must last at least four months to six months.
- A portfolio, work process samples or link to your portfolio site.
SMAL is an inspiring, buoyant place to work and a dynamic company located across two continents. Our clients are innovative, forward thinking brands and our projects range from tactical product design to in-depth strategy. More than 30 smart, talented and creative people work in our Munich studio, and by truly collaborating we are able to produce our best work. We believe in the power of the team, a team where small details matter most.