Internship Communication Design
SMAL is looking for exceptional interns to join our team in Munich. One of the intern positions is that within the Communication Design department. SMAL designs, develops and delivers iconic brands, products and services in the physical and digital space. Our multidisciplinary team holds experience that spans over decades and with that, has been involved in some of the most groundbreaking projects across multiple industries around the world.
As our Communication Design Intern, you’ll gain hands-on experience in design research, service design, prototyping, visual design and design specification - digital and print. SMAL interns work closely with our designers to collaboratively generate solutions. If you can imagine doing your best work in a fun-filled, team-work environment then this position may be for you.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATES WILL EXHIBIT:
- Great written and verbal communication as well as presentation skills.
- The visual skills and software capability to design all communication elements on a variety of print and digital projects.
- Appreciation for the potential of 'design thinking' and ability to engage upstream from the traditional role of the designer.
- The curiosity to tinker.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, YOU’LL NEED:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that discusses your goals for your proposed internship which must last at least four months to six months.
- A portfolio, work process samples or link to your portfolio site.
- To be enrolled as a student or working as an apprentice.
SMAL is an inspiring, buoyant place to work and a dynamic company located across two continents. Our clients are innovative, forward thinking brands and our projects range from tactical product design to in-depth strategy. More than 30 smart, talented and creative people work in our Munich studio, and by truly collaborating we are able to produce our best work. We believe in the power of the team, a team where small details matter most.