SMAL is looking for a CGI/3D Specialist to join our Munich-based Industrial Design Team. SMAL is a global design and innovation agency, helping brands understand their customers so they can connect with them through their product offerings, and ultimately create a beautiful experience. Our core capabilities are product and interaction design, as well as design research, visualization, animation and packaging services.
The right designer will have experience across a broad spectrum of applications, with a specific interest in visual and digital design. If you love to design and prototype across projects where consumer behavior, client brand, digital and physical interfaces meet, we’d love to hear from you! Our highly collaborative team make this a unique opportunity to engage and affect our clients’ brands at a very strategic level. Our work makes a difference.
to be suited for this position you must possess:
- A BS/BA or BFA in a relevant field with at least 2 years experience
- An aptitude for translating client needs and brand characteristics into authentic and tangible solutions
- Ability to create and produce fresh concepts and eye-candy visuals for various creative projects (still & 2D/3D animations)
- Being comfortable with driving your own projects at a fast pace and at the different steps of the design process (from storyboarding, production, post-production to presentation)
- Experience in creating 2D and 3D animations
- Experience in working with Cinema4D, AfterEffects and the Adobe Creative Suite
- Deep passion for creating photo-realistic images and an excellent attention to details
- A keen eye for details, perspectives and image composition
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills
- Interest and experience in the field of photography is a big plus
- A portfolio of relevant work that demonstrates your work as a CGI Artist
SMAL is an inspiring, buoyant place to work and a dynamic company located in two countries. Our clients are innovative, forward-thinking brands and our projects range from tactical product design to in-depth strategy. More than 30 smart, talented and creative people work in our Munich studio, and by truly collaborating we are able to produce our best work. We believe in the power of the team, a team where small details matter most.