Creative Director User Interface
SMAL is looking for a Creative Director User Interface to join our Munich-based User Interface (UI) Team. SMAL is a global design and innovation agency, helping brands understand their customers so they can connect with them through their product offerings, and ultimately create a beautiful experience. Our core capabilities are product and interaction design, as well as design research, visualization, animation and packaging services.
ARE YOU …
- A UI/UX designer with 5+ years of experience in working in a creative environment?
- A great storyteller?
- A positive spirit with leadership mentality?
- A curious thinker always up to date looking for the latest trends and technologies?
BUT BEFORE THAT, YOU NEED TO HAVE ...
- Experience in defining and developing creative strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of User Interface and User Experience design as well as brand development across multiple platforms (digital, print, etc.).
- Ability to oversee the day-to-day output of our creative UI department and ensure that everything is on-brand to ensue high-quality deliveries.
- Understanding how business works, how directions can change daily basis and seeing the bigger picture.
- A hands-on mentality as you’ll be deeply involved in the projects.
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously, and to manage and prioritize workload to ensure all work is produced on brief, time and budget.
- Deep understanding of the latest and greatest UI trends, markets, customers, and channels of distribution.
- Excellent client-facing communication and presentation skills (English, German is a plus).
- Experience in closely working with development teams to guarantee the digital designs are implemented correctly.
- Leadership mentality to guide and give feedback to other designers.
- Experience in motivating, integrating and developing design team members.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Friday’s off! Yes, you heard us right.
- A creative and young team filled to the brim with coffee (and tea).
- Daily sweets & snacks as well as sports possibilities.
- Awesome team events that will allow you to explore new countries and the Munich Oktoberfest.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, YOU’LL NEED ...
- A current resume.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your creativity and strategic thinking.
- A few sentences that tell us a bit more about you, your background and your dream project!
- References if applicable.