SMAL is looking for a passionate Account Manager to join our young, creative Munich team. SMAL is a global design and innovation agency, helping brands understand their customers so they can connect with them through their product offerings, and ultimately create a beautiful experience. Our core capabilities are product and interaction design, as well as design research, visualization, animation and packaging services.
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for developing long-term relationships with our customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. You will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to our client’s needs. You will develop work plans, manage workflow and effectively utilize resources to achieve project goals, ensuring the work is on scope, on time and on budget. In this position, you will partner with the Creative Directors and internal team leaders to understand the client needs. SMAL’s obligations needs to be carefully stipulated by you to and you will function as a communication gateway between client and the creative team.
A successful Account Manager will have a knack for developing lasting client relationships as well as the ability to inspire and lead internal teams. He or she will need to have an understanding of the product design and development process, and the capacity to manage complex projects with ease.
We are seeking candidates with a BA or BS degree with experience in the product innovation, design, marketing services industry, digital or software industry; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Ideally you have 2 years of proven project and account management experience.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strategic intellect.
- A demonstrated ability to develop an in-depth understanding of customer needs to develop proposals and thereby the ability to create project plans with success metrics that communicate and monitor tasks, milestones, status and resource allocation.
- The skillset to lead cross-functional design teams, contribute to and champion the creative output in partnership with Designers and Creative Directors.
- The ability to communicate constraints of the project within the project team, ensuring focus on agreed parameters.
- To oversee the day-to-day activity and keep the project team focused, energetic and collaborative.
- The know-how in establishing timelines and agendas, actively and accurately monitor progress to plan, meet deliverables, budget and deadline targets. Meaning very strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership skills and a demonstrated ability to provide meaningful feedback and guidance to a variety of creative professionals.
SMAL is an inspiring, buoyant place to work and a dynamic company located across two continents. Our clients are innovative, forward thinking brands and our projects range from tactical product design to in-depth strategy. More than 30 smart, talented and creative people work in our Munich studio, and by truly collaborating we are able to produce our best work. We believe in the power of the team, a team where small details matter most.