SMAL is looking for a Lead Photographer to join our Munich-based Team. SMAL is a global design and innovation agency, helping brands understand their customers so they can connect with them through their product offerings, and ultimately create a beautiful experience. Our core capabilities are product and user interface design, as well as design research, visualization, animation and packaging services.
The right candidate will have experience across a broad spectrum of applications, with a specific interest in photo and video production. If you love to bring concepts alive and execute projects from initial creative brief to final post-production, we'd love to hear from you! Our highly collaborative team makes this a unique opportunity to engage and affect our clients’ brands at a very strategic level. Our work makes a difference.
TO BE SUITED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST POSSESS:
- At least 5 years of experience in a creative-type role with a studio photography focus.
- Advanced knowledge of studio and lifestyle photography, mastering lighting setups with both continuous and flash lights.
- Passion for shooting in a studio environment on advanced lighting setups. Experience in leading a team and photo studio is a big plus.
- Create concepts, storyboard and shooting scopes based on client focused projects.
- Capture high quality, visually interesting premium content in line with our clients' company identities; from product photography, lifestyle sets, videos to social media content.
- Oversee the photography team workflow and the photo studio shooting planning: allocating resources and plannings together with the producing team to keep the studio and projects running smoothly.
- Deep knowledge of production best practices, technologies,softwares and processes.
- Excellent knowledge of data security and integrity.
- A great sense of responsibility to manage the studio, the people and equipment before, during and after a shooting.
- Great problem solving skills and capacity to work in a fast-path creative environment, supervising projects in parallel.
- Hands-on mentality, collaborating with a creative team with flat hierarchy and where everyone participates.
- A good eye for details, overseeing functionalities of our client's products and wishes.
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills.
- Record, ideate and manage our SMAL's moments to push further our visual communication.
SMAL is an inspiring, thriving place to work and a dynamic company located across two countries. Our clients are innovative, forward thinking brands and our projects range from tactical product design to in-depth strategy. More than 30 smart, talented and creative people work in our Munich studio, and by truly collaborating we are able to produce our best work. We believe in the power of the team, a team where small details matter most.