SMAL is looking for a Motion/Digital Designer with a special focus on Visualization and Animation to join our Munich-based Team. SMAL is a global design and innovation agency, helping brands understand their customers so they can connect with them through their product offerings, and ultimately create a beautiful experience. Our core capabilities are product and interaction design, as well as design research, visualization, animation and packaging services.
The right designer will have experience across a broad spectrum of applications, with a specific interest in product and digital development. If you love to concept, design, and prototype across projects where consumer behavior, client brand, digital and physical interfaces meet, we'd love to hear from you! Our highly collaborative team makes this an unique opportunity to engage and affect our clients’ brands at a very strategic level. Our work makes a difference.
TO BE SUITED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST POSSESS:
- A BS/BA or BFA in a relevant field with 0-2 years experience in motion/digital design.
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of best practices and tools for developing deliverables such as research results, storyboards, etc.
- Appreciation for the potential of 'design thinking' and ability to engage upstream from the traditional role of the designer.
- A special focus on visualization and animation.
- Experience in working with Adobe AfterEffects, Adobe Premiere and Cinema 4D.
- The curiosity to tinker.
- A portfolio of relevant work that demonstrates your process as a motion/digital designer.
SMAL is an inspiring, lighthearted place to work and a dynamic company located across two continents. Our clients are innovative, forward thinking brands and our projects range from tactical product design to in-depth strategy. More than 30 smart, talented and creative people work in our Munich studio, and by truly collaborating we are able to produce our best work. We believe in the power of the team, a team where small details matter most.